A 10+ years experienced IT professional, I worked mainly in communications and collaboration part of networks, with MS Exchange Server, Google Apps for Work as my primary areas of activities. I am familiar with a lot of scripting and few programming languages, such as VB.NET which I love and spent more than 18 years with VB in general, then C#, Python, PHP, and some C++… I know how to script with PowerShell and Linux Bash as well.
I am certified in Exchange 2010/2013, Windows Server 2008R2/2012, and ITIL. While I am preparing for my PMP certification, I’ll still be focusing on the technical side of IT until I get the good chance to move to the management with my PMP and the related experience to that.
Aside from IT, I have other interests in electronics, I’m all into Arduino and I am learning how to design my own smart-home system, as well as giving it all the functionality I want through Raspberry…
I also like gaming, and mainly play: Kerbal Space Program, Space Engineers, Stellaris, Take On Mars, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Black Mesa and Half-Life, in addition to Minecraft, and sometimes Uplink!
I am married to a lovely wife, and got 2 awesome sons!
My LinkedIn profile: http://sa.linkedin.com/pub/saleh-ramadan/47/34/623
What is this blog?
This is my personal space where I will share my experience, thoughts, and other topics that few times might not be related to the title of the blog, I am doing this because I feel 10 years is already enough as a technical, and it is time to move up to be managing people. I have read a quote for Ralph Waldo Emerson: The man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss., and I am planning to start knowing why as I knew enough how…
- A story of a project: 3600 users to G Suite in 60 days! – Day 3: More manual work! - Day summary So we ended the previous day with a lot of things done, in fact the day ended while we still had a lot on our list of unfinished work, so we were all eager to start the next day to finish the pending work. In this day, we had to complete the user […]
- Blog rebranding in the coming days - Hey everyonee, I just wanted to put this out, that I am working on rebranding the blog to a new title and along it will be new direction… I will restructure the categories and pages to fit the new direction, and I’ll start working on getting more online presence! My career is shaping more clear […]
- A story of a project: 3600 users to G Suite in 60 days! – Day 2: Getting things warmer - Day summary This day was all about the directory and password sync tools… We wanted to finalize their configuration to allow the support team the time for demonstrations and practices before going out to users and change their profiles… We started out by working on GCDS, once we started working on the tool, we were […]
- A story of a project: 3600 users to G Suite in 60 days! – Day 1: Starting up - Day summary We started the project with a technical workshop with the customer IT teams. They had 2 teams working on this: infrastructure and hosting team, and the end-user support team. We divided ourselves into two teams as well, I went with the infrastructure team, and we sent 2 guys to help the support team […]
- I took a challenge I never expected myself to take before! - Before going into this post, I would like to give a brief summary about what I do… I am a Sr. Systems Engineer, I have worked on many products and technologies… In the past 3 years I’ve been working with Google technologies mainly on G Suite (former Google Apps for Work), and it was a […]